Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nick and Natasha get married!


Oh yes, I have some catching up to do!



The wedding day of our dear Nick and his Natasha was August 29th, and here I am to show you pictures! (I can take a picture -- though I didn't take these, Rosie and others did -- but man, I cannot handle organizing pictures...)

For this wedding, we had one task, besides getting ourselves presentable and over to San Francisco. And that was, providing the flowers (in Mason jars) and place cards for the rehearsal dinner. From afar, of course...


So please excuse me if out of the thousands of pictures I could show you, I take up four to admire the arrangements! Thank goodness for a florist who listens...

Bridget and Rosie made the cards, for a signature Lawler girl homemade touch!

The rehearsal dinner was at the Pelican Inn at Muir Beach, the site of the Proposal. How romantic! After wine and cheese we walked to the actual beach and enjoyed the beauty of the spot Nick chose.I can't describe how many events preceded this dinner, not to mention the wedding. It would be too much.


But suffice it to say that we had an amazing week getting to know Natasha's family, and the fun continued unabated until beyond the end, if that's possible.

On the morning of the wedding, the ladies met at the salon to get spiffed up and watch Natasha get her dress on. This dress had been worn by her grandmother half a century ago, and then put in a box until Natasha pulled it out....

Beautiful!
And yes, she wore my veil (that was also Aunt Fran's and Rosie's) over the one she had made to match the dress...



We rode in an actual San Francisco trolley to and from the wedding!

Habou with Natasha's mother's mother, Inez, whose dress it was.



Of course we had to sing...

Do you think he is excited?
The church (St. Dominic's) is stunning...

Joseph was Best Man.





My vote for Bridesmaid of the West:




Very happy and proud POG:


And a fun reception at the Fort Mason Officer's Club. A sunny San Francisco day, a beautiful wedding. We couldn't be more grateful to God for His blessings.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Ahhhh! Sigh. I love weddings. I can't believe that dress is over 50 years old. It's just gorgeous, and what a beautiful couple! I really love all of your photos, but the one of the two grandmothers is wonderful - were there ever two more lovely and classy grandmas?

scmom (Barbara) said...

How God has blessed you with children who have chosen to be married in the Church. You have done well, mama! Your family is beautiful.

Alice said...

Now I want to go home. Glad you enjoyed San Francisco!

Anne R Triolo said...

soooo pretty!

Decadent Housewife said...

Thank you again for posting this. Just beautiful - all.