Sunday, June 29, 2008

We visited Grandma today

I love the Deutches Altenheim! I'm moving in there myself soon...

The people are so friendly, they apologize to you for making you sign in. They pop out of the dining room and ask if you are staying for dinner - like they are hoping you are.

The birds were twittering outside Grandma's windows...and a breeze was coming in. What's not to like?

I took some photos but I'm telling you now that when I turned on the camera it said to change the batteries, so Deirdre did that trick of taking them out and putting them in again (yup, these are totally different, really charged batteries, you old camera!) and I took the pics real quick. So don't judge me.

This is the view (with a Bridget added) of the left side of the room after you come in, with the kitchen and entry behind you:




This is the right side of the room (I think she was wondering why I was taking a picture at that moment, which is why she looks concerned. That's Bridget and Deirdre with her.Please don't ask me why this part is underlined. I'm doing my best.):









Then you turn around and all of that is behind you and you see the kitchen and the doorway (note that we put down the rug that she likes because it is quirky with the strip of red):


See that open doorway in the picture above? If you stand in it you see this: (This stupid blogger won't let me scroll to the end, so I'll just say that the bathroom is out of view on the left.)

No comments: