Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It just goes on...but start at the first post -- this is the third

Here we are in a Redwood:



































Yes, I'm sorry to say I'm including this cute pic of Natasha which she expressly ordered me to delete. I am mean that way, I admit. I wish I could be quicker and more sneaky with the camera. This is the best I can do for a candid.

















This makes up for it, doesn't it? We went out to eat at night, and Bridget ate her first oysters (raw) and wonderful salmon (cooked -- in a fig leaf) and had a "virgin mojito"!



















On Sunday evening we headed out for Alcatraz, which we thoroughly enjoyed, which seems macabre, but there it is.
Here we are on the ferry, and that is San Francisco in the background:


















Here's Bridget with the Golden Gate Bridge over her shoulder. You can see how glorious the weather was, can't you?


















Practically our first view of the island:



















Nick, Bridget, and Phil looking a tad uncomfortable in one of the cells:



















SF in the background:



















And that is all!

3 comments:

Suki said...

I still can't believe how much you guys did in the three days you were there! It looks like it was a ton of fun.

Rosie said...

It all looks beautiful and wonderful and fun. I'm jealous.

Also, Bridget looks too grown-up. Please stop that.

Mrs. Pickles said...

Wow, Muir Woods -- haven't been there in ages! My family used to go camping amongst the redwoods every year when I was a kid. I miss their majesty.
Looks like you had a great trip!