Saturday, September 29, 2007
After the funeral and burying, a mercy meal was served in the church hall (I love the idea and the name of "mercy meal"!). So we had a chance for pictures...
of almost all the grandchildren:
...and three generations and spouses (somehow John Voorhees didn't hear the call to join -- more work for the touch-up artist amongst us):
Grandma with Mary Ellen and Sally:
When the meal and pictures were over, Grandma sat with her grandchildren, and began reminiscing....
and the storytelling continued...
And here's Will with Curley:
Pierre and Bridget at Copp's Hill Burying Ground:
And on to the U.S.S. Constitution, aka Old Ironsides, oldest commissioned warship in the world:
Pierre at the helm:
Talking to a sailor -- he really is a sailor; on this ship they wear the authentic 18th century uniform:
At the Robert Gould Shaw Monument:
The State House:
Pierre at the Granary Burying Ground:
In front of Ben Franklin:
Rest and a bite of lunch by the Old South Meeting House:
Suzanne was a bridesmaid. Deirdre did her hair:
And here she is just before leaving for the ceremony:
Even though I committed the nigh unforgivable offense of obscuring the bride's face, I like this photo of John:
Old fashioned Annie and John:
And I think I make up for it here:
Charlie had his moment too:
The barn was decorated with quilts and lovely girls:
It was truly enchanting...
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Okay, taking time out from summer pictures (I'm getting there, honest, but some people take a lot of pictures that then have to be gotten into bloggy shape) to play this game with you guys! It's just up our alley! It's called:
The Name Game
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car),
Nervous Honda (please don't ask me why my first cat (or the one I remember) was named Nervous. I think I was about seven, people.)
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie),
Chocolate Chip Sugar
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name),
L-Law (obviously we have the best name for this one!)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal),
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born),
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first),
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink),
The Sage Green Iced Tea
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers),
Albert Mohammed (Hmm, don't know if NASCAR is ready to go Middle Eastern)
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy),
Chanel Cadbury (This is vulgar, please ignore)
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ),
And a few more…
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter),
12. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower).
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree),
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),
The Quilting Windy Tour
You can do it in your comment! Who cares how long it is!! And speaking of comments, it would be wonderful to hear from anyone who is reading the postings! Go ahead and comment! You can leave your favorite names (with the corresponding number for ID) if you don't feel like doing the whole thing.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
And a batting cage! Here is Fr. Mark Withoos adjusting his batting helmet:
Fr. Mark and Will get ready to "pitch":
The bridal pair:
I just think this shot is so Virginia Beach sometime in the 60s!
They were meant for each other (same interests, apparently!):