Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow Day Pizza

As you may have heard, we were hit with nearly two inches of snow early Wednesday morning, and school got cancelled so we wouldn't have to risk our lives in the treacherous weather. I have come to a (rather predictable) decision: I love snow days. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun being so productive.

After putting up curtains in our living room, cleaning and repairing our armchairs, and running some errands, I decided to make pizza for dinner. As many of you know, I've been reading food blogs somewhat obsessively lately, and Deirdre has been on a photo-taking kick, so we decided to document the process. (Really, 99% of what makes the food blogs so much fun is the pictures, anyway).

Mama makes perfect pizza every single week, which is a tough standard to live up to. I've made it several times down here, but this is the first time that I've really been happy with my dough. Here it is:



I made two pizzas - one had carmelized onions, sausage, sundried tomatoes, and feta, and the other one was the same but without the feta (there wasn't enough for both pizzas). Here you can see it in all its stages:



this is actually when the picture-taking started. I'm sure you can imagine this scene:
Rosie: "ooh, Deirdre. Check this out. There's a really good chance that this pizza is going to be seriously delicious."
Deirdre: "ooh! Should I take pictures?"
(proceeds to take six thousand photos of everything in the apartment, including the pizza)

Into the oven it goes!


And the finished pizza (this is the one with feta. And no, the sundried tomatoes aren't burnt. They just look dark in this picture):


This is me working in our kitchen. Isn't it cute? (and by cute I mostly mean small, although it's also quite cute for real, if you ignore the floor)



And finally, (by popular demand) our baker's rack!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, yum. We've started amking our own pizza about every other week, which has been lots of fun, though I'm lazy and buy Wegman's dough.

Suki said...

Oh my gosh, your baker's rack ROCKS!!!

And your pizza looks good, too.